The joys of being sick

It seems that the flu bug has worked it's way into my life. 

This past week I've been covering classes for colleagues who have been laid out with the flu. And 1/3 of my mypers (my class) out with it as well. I was hoping that I could prevent coming down with it myself. I even left the city last weekend to avoid it and headed over to Prague. 

This week has, also, been the last week of the first semester. And my lovely students who have lazed about all semester, now seem to have a verve for learning and wanted to turn in all the work for the semester at once. Grades were due last night at midnight....and I was grading until 11:30. There have been tears....both mine and students. In addition, this semester of grad school is very demanding. This week I've had 2 papers due. So the result is.......

I've come down with the flu :(

And it sucks!!! I feel like I've been run over by a freight train. Trying to stay hydrated...having lots of tea and Paralen grip horky napoj (theraflu). 

The only bright spot is that in one week I'll be in Egypt!!!! Going on a beach holiday with some friends from school. 1 week in Hurgadah. Though I'm not big on the beach, I'm sure it will be an adventure.

Well, this wasn't the most exciting post. And you certainly don't want to see any pictures of me right now...so I'm off to sleep again and fight the good fight against this nasty thing.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new look and part 2 school trip

New School Year- New Country

How is it May???!!!