Last stop of the trip- Bologna

After all the mosaics and monuments of Ravenna, we were looking forward to getting to Bologna and.....eating! 

Bologna is known for having some of, if not THE, best food in Italy. Yes, I know that is very debatable, but this is what I've heard. And I gotta tell ya...I believe it!

We arrived by train and took a quick cab ride to the Quadrilatero District (the market area) and made our way to our hotel. To say it was in a great spot would be a massive understatement. It was located next to and across from fabulous food shops, and right on the corner was one of the best restaurants in the city. And the hotel itself was very charming. 

After unpacking a bit and refreshing, we asked at the desk where we could get some lunch (it was a bit late for lunch-or early depending on who you ask) but the hotel owner told us that right on the corner was the most famous and best spot for tortellini and mortadella called Tamburini. It did not disappoint! 

After lunch, we made our way to the main square and the tourist spot to get some information. Now, the info spot was very modern- you watched different videos at touch screens and then you took a number and went to a counter to discuss what you wanted with a person. It sounds like a good deal. I hated it! I like to get brochures and read about places...I didn't know what to ask the person. Anyway...we got a little help at least. 

We wandered through a few places, had a limoncello outside, and wandered some more. For dinner, we took advantage of the appertivo experience and went to the university area, where they take appertivo to a whole new level! 

Exhausted from travel and walking, we went back to our room to crash in bed and watch some Olympic gymnastics. 

OK- so here we go with the pics. 

By the way, are you liking the way these albums are turning out? Let me know in the comments. As a matter of fact, leave a comment. I have no idea if anyone ever reads this blog- I know it's not the most exciting, but ya know- is anyone out there??

Right, pics:


Bologna- Day one

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A new look and part 2 school trip

New School Year- New Country

How is it May???!!!