Trip Catch-up
Ooops...I forgot a little trip before summer 2015.
Over Easter (or spring break, I don't remember), I went on a solo trip to Belgium. It was a lot of fun, but to be honest....I kinda got sick of myself!! Haha.
I know it's supposed to be so life-affirming, meaningful, soul searching, 'eat pray love' to travel by yourself- and I truly believe everyone should do it at least once in their lives- but...it's kind of boring to me. I like to share my experiences with someone else. Aaannnndd, let's be honest, it's better to travel solo as a male than as a female. It just is. One, there is a safety issue. Two, when you are a female travelling alone you get that "oh, it's so sad and tragic that she's alone" look from pretty much everyone!
Anyway, I drank a lot of yummy Belgium beers, got to go to the Delirium Cafe which I've been wanting to visit forever, ate some spectacular food, saw some beautiful buildings and one really weird one (the Atomium), and took a day trip to Ghent and Bruges.
In the end, it was a great trip, but I was happy to get home and chat my dog's ear off!!!
Brussels
Over Easter (or spring break, I don't remember), I went on a solo trip to Belgium. It was a lot of fun, but to be honest....I kinda got sick of myself!! Haha.
I know it's supposed to be so life-affirming, meaningful, soul searching, 'eat pray love' to travel by yourself- and I truly believe everyone should do it at least once in their lives- but...it's kind of boring to me. I like to share my experiences with someone else. Aaannnndd, let's be honest, it's better to travel solo as a male than as a female. It just is. One, there is a safety issue. Two, when you are a female travelling alone you get that "oh, it's so sad and tragic that she's alone" look from pretty much everyone!
Anyway, I drank a lot of yummy Belgium beers, got to go to the Delirium Cafe which I've been wanting to visit forever, ate some spectacular food, saw some beautiful buildings and one really weird one (the Atomium), and took a day trip to Ghent and Bruges.
In the end, it was a great trip, but I was happy to get home and chat my dog's ear off!!!
Brussels
Enjoying my lovely Chimay and laughing at all the tourists taking selfies with the Manneken Pis!
Sitting alone at a bar? Order a wheel of cheese and invite others to partake!
Ghent & Bruges
Back in Brussels
Solo female traveler? Get plied with free dessert, wine and after dinner liquor!
OUTFITS for the peeing boy!
Comments
Post a Comment