Looks like fall has finally come

This past weekend the temperatures, finally, started to dip and it felt like fall. It even rained all day Sunday to add to the lovely fall feel. And you know I'm not joking around- I LOVE FALL!!

So in order to get in the mood, Sunday afternoon I decided to cook up a big pot of homemade minestrone, curl up on the couch in my house pants, have a glass of wine and relax. *Sidenote: I have never made homemade soup before*

WOW did I make a lot!!! I followed the recipe to the letter as far as veggie quantities go (though I couldn't find yellow squash at the market, so I added a bit more zuchini) and tweaked the spices here and there. But I ended up having to divide it between 3 pots to simmer on the stove!! And I froze half of it....and I'll be eating the other half for lunch and dinner all week. At least it is healthy and very delish :)

A few weeks ago, I bought some fall and halloween cookie cutters and halloween cupcake pans. This coming week/ weekend I'll be doing some baking. Can't wait. Have I mentioned I love fall?!

And it's supposed to get cooler and cooler. YAY!!

(now if only my brand-new, fall weight perfect trench coat from H & M hadn't been stolen over the weekend.....)

Soup to keep me warm :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new look and part 2 school trip

New School Year- New Country

How is it May???!!!