The joys of reading..
A super quick post here...
I'm kind of procrastinating...
You see, I've got a LOT of reading to do.
Reading? But you love reading!
And I do, but.....
I'm not reading for 'fun'. It's for grad school. And there is a lot of it. Every night. About classroom management, affective classrooms, pedagogy, motivation, learner-centered classrooms, etc. etc. All things I'm very interested in. All things that help me to become a better teacher everyday. BUT
it's dry. it's academic. There are no love stories here, no thrilling chase scenes, no mysteries that are solved in the second to the last chapter. No whips, no chains, no vampires, no 'games', no moors, no funny family anecdotes. Just Vygotsky, Larsen-Freeman, student talk, classroom action, tasks, the affective filter. Hundreds of pages every night.
And then there is the reading my students are doing....reading I must be caught up on and knowledgeable in. Animal Farm, The Hunger Games, The Call of the Wild, Rena's Promise, all the poetry contained in the movie The Dead Poet's Society. And that's just this month!!
So, I DO LOVE reading.......
but my eyes might overload soon.
Is it wrong to just want to watch the movie??!!!
I'm kind of procrastinating...
You see, I've got a LOT of reading to do.
Reading? But you love reading!
And I do, but.....
I'm not reading for 'fun'. It's for grad school. And there is a lot of it. Every night. About classroom management, affective classrooms, pedagogy, motivation, learner-centered classrooms, etc. etc. All things I'm very interested in. All things that help me to become a better teacher everyday. BUT
it's dry. it's academic. There are no love stories here, no thrilling chase scenes, no mysteries that are solved in the second to the last chapter. No whips, no chains, no vampires, no 'games', no moors, no funny family anecdotes. Just Vygotsky, Larsen-Freeman, student talk, classroom action, tasks, the affective filter. Hundreds of pages every night.
And then there is the reading my students are doing....reading I must be caught up on and knowledgeable in. Animal Farm, The Hunger Games, The Call of the Wild, Rena's Promise, all the poetry contained in the movie The Dead Poet's Society. And that's just this month!!
So, I DO LOVE reading.......
but my eyes might overload soon.
Is it wrong to just want to watch the movie??!!!
Comments
Post a Comment