Shhh...we've found a teacher in her natural habitat- don't make any sudden moves!!
For my grad school class at USC, I had to teach a "micro lesson", record it, edit it down to 7-10 minutes and write an analysis of what I saw.
I don't know how many of you have to videotape yourselves doing your job....but, um, it's not fun!! I detest watching and hearing myself, but it IS a great way to improve my teaching skills.
I wasn't going to share this, but I figured I would show you, my lovely readers (are there any out there??), why I am living half way around the world in the outpost known as Ostrava. This is me doing my job, following my passion.
Things I learned:
I don't know how many of you have to videotape yourselves doing your job....but, um, it's not fun!! I detest watching and hearing myself, but it IS a great way to improve my teaching skills.
I wasn't going to share this, but I figured I would show you, my lovely readers (are there any out there??), why I am living half way around the world in the outpost known as Ostrava. This is me doing my job, following my passion.
Things I learned:
- Make sure you have the proper rope and practice with it BEFORE trying to create a dog sled team!!
- I say "OK" and "Yes?" A LOT
- My a@$ is huge
- My 7th grade students are taller than me
But most importantly:
Having students pull you down the hallway is FUN!!!!
So, pull up a chair and make sure you have some popcorn 'cuz this is entertaining!!!
Comments
Post a Comment