Summer 2016- ITALY!

Well, I can't seem to stay on top of this blog at all.

Last year was crazy! As Head of the Secondary School, it was a full on year.

This year, I'm going to really try to take time outside of school for myself- and not bring work home. Part of that is to stay more on top of the blog. As I've always said, this blog is to keep friends and family updated on my travels and life. It's not ground-breaking or anything, just a digital postcard/ letter if you will.

Anyway...

this past summer my travel buddy, V, and I went to Italy for a week. We went from Milan to Ravenna to Bologna. And it was amazing! We were only in Milan over night, so not much to report there. Our first real stay was in Ravenna. And I was so surprised and delighted by the city. I had never heard of it before and it really is an unexpected gem.

I have so many pictures that I'm trying out flickr albums. Let me know what you think- and be sure to check out the descriptions of the photos for more information about the places I'm showing you.

Without further ado...Day one in Ravenna:




Day One- Ravenna, Italy


I tried to take as many pictures of the mosaics as possible, but to be honest, they don't really show the beauty of them. There were so intricate, colorful, shiny, and it doesn't really come through in the photos. A lot of the time I was too busy just enjoying them in person that I didn't take any pictures. And isn't that really the point of travel? To see and experience these amazing spots in the moment?

OK- stay tuned for a few more albums and commentary on life!

Cheers :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new look and part 2 school trip

New School Year- New Country

How is it May???!!!